Kingdom of the Golden Plains: Audit Revamp Proposal
Purpose: The purpose of this proposal is to restructure how and when audits are performed on member chapters of the Kingdom of the Golden Plains.
Reason: As the Kingdom draws nearer to completing the 501 processes of becoming a federal non-profit, a restructuring is required to ensure that the Golden Plains Board of Directors (GPBoD) get all of the information needed to remain in compliance with local, state, federal and Amtgard International entities. This proposal will also clarify how the GPBoD will initiate Kingdom Althing discussions for chapters to be promoted and demoted based on passing or failing audit results.
Each member chapter (called just “chapter” going forward) will be graded on the following criteria:
Digital submissions of all of the following:
- Sign-in sheets for the audit period
- All active waivers for the audit period
- Chapter financial ledger
- Chapter bank account records
- Miscellaneous Requirements:
- Amtgard Record Keeper (ORK) records for the audit period
- Must provide proof of doing one of the following (a demonstration or a class pertaining to Amtgard)
The following must all be updated and kept current on the KOTGP.com Forums:
- Updated Officer list
- Althing minutes for each month
- A&S Tournament and fighting tournament results
- Election Results
- Award Lists
The GPBoD will become the auditing body for the Kingdom. The audit periods will be from January 1st thru June 30th and from July 1st thru December 31st each year. A GPBoD member will post publicly to the KOTGP Facebook Group and the KOTGP.com Forums when the time is drawing near for audits to be submitted.
- The Audit submission deadlines will be July 15th and January 15th of each year.
- Chapters who do not submit audits by the date will receive an automatic fail.
- Chapters that are having trouble completing their audit may ask for a 10-day extension on time, in writing, once per audit. Asking for an extension will prevent a park from receiving a “Superior” rating.
- The GPBoD must publicly post to the KOTGP.com Forums the results by August 15th and February 15th of each year.
- If the GPBoD fails to post the results by the due dates, all chapters will receive an automatic pass for their audit as long as an audit was submitted.