Prime Minister Audit Preparation Guide:
A Prime Minister’s obligations to the club are not difficult if managed weekly but tasks can mount up and get time consuming very quickly if a PM doesn’t keep up on all of it. This documents purpose is to show PMs exactly what is required for park audits so that all PMs can adapt their practices to make the audit process easier for everyone involved.
To get started, audits happen every 6 months, regardless of any change in the PM position or not. Two audits happen each physical year. The first Audit period is from January 1st thru June 30th. The second audit period is from July 1st thru December 31st. PM changes can happen at any point during this time and as such, if a person is stepping down as a PM during an audit period they must get everything updated to the point where their term ends. It is recommended that outgoing PMs train their replacement so that they can pick up where the outgoing PM leaves off. Whoever is the park PM when the audit period ends, they are responsible to complete and turn in the audit. Audits are due by midnight July 15th and midnight January 15th for each audit period. So, let’s get started with the audit itself and then go into best practices to help all of the PMs prepare.
A completely successful audit will earn a park a “Superior” rating. A park that misses one item on the audit will receive a “Pass” rating, and a park that misses two items on an audit will receive a “Fail” rating. Here is a listing and explanation of each item that will be audited.
The audit is to be laid out in the following manner, and must contain all of the following information:
- Sign-ins - This only includes the sign-in sheets from normal park days. It does not include fighter practices, A&S gatherings or any of that. A sign-in sheet from every field day is required to be in the audit for credit to be given. If a PM is missing a day or a park did not meet one day, please provide a dummy sheet for the day with the date and the reasons that an attendance sheet was not available for this day.
- Waivers - The audit must include a signed waiver for each local person who played even once during the six months that the audit covers. This item is cross-checked against the Amtgard O.R.K. so there needs to be a match there to receive credit.
- Althing Minutes - A copy of each of the parks Althing minutes must be provided to receive credit. If for some reason an althing did not occur in any given month, please provide a dummy sheet with the date the monthly althing should have occurred on and the reasons an althing did not happen. The minutes that PMs submit will be cross-checked against the forums to ensure both parts are completed.
- Dues-Paid List - Dues start on the date they are paid and end 6 months (183 days) later. A list of those currently dues-paid with start and end dates of dues must be provided in the audit. If a person is Dues-Paid for Life, put that instead as well as the date that it ends which is September 10th 2022.
- Financial Ledger & positive bank account in parks name - Each PM must keep a ledger. This ledger simply needs to have the amount of money that the term started with and then document each time money is added or removed. Receipts are not required currently, but may be in the future. All full member chapters must have a bank account in the parks name and monthly bank statements must be provided in the audit.
That covers the physical documents section that must be in an audit. Said physical documents are to be submitted digitally at the following web address: records.kotgp.com . When a PM logs in they will see a directory for the Audit period. Once they open the directory, they will find all of the Active Parks listed. Once they open their park, there is an individual folder for each set of items that must be turned in. Just
upload the files to the proper folders and much of the work is done. It is highly recommended that PMs scan any items taken in for the park and upload them to the proper audit folder the week after a PM receive them. This will ensure that a PMs audit is almost done by the end of the audit period and it will require far less effort in the long run.
In addition to the physical documents PMs must have certain items posted publicly to the Kingdom forums at the web address: forums.kotgp.com.
- Posted Althing Minutes - The althing minutes of all althings are required to be posted to the Golden Plains forums each month for archival purposes. The GP forums will be checked as part of the audit process to verify that the data is present and accounted for.
- Posted A&S and Fighting Tournament Results - A list of all A&S results and fighting tournament results are required to be posted to the Golden Plains forums. The GP forums will be checked as part of the audit process to verify that the data is present and accounted for.
- Posted Election Results - The full results of all elections must be posted. These must include who was running for what position as well as a full disclosure of the number of votes for a person being voted on, number of votes against a person being voted on, and a number of any abstentions that occur. The GP forums will be checked as part of the audit process to verify that the data is present and accounted for.
- Posted Officers List - A full and complete officers list is also required to be posted to the Golden Plains forums after each changing of the guard. It should include all five primary officers, any optional positions, and any guild leaders chosen for the reign. The GP forums will be checked as part of the audit process to verify that the data is present and accounted for.
- Posted Awards List – PMs are required to acquire a list of all awards given out by the monarchy of their respective lands. This list must be posted to the Golden Plains forums after each court or after any awards are given. The GP forums will be checked as part of the audit process to verify that the data is present and accounted for.